For Sixth Form admissions in September 2018, please speak to the Registrars on 01926 634201 and click on the link to download our Sixth Form Information Booklet 2018-2019.
The Admissions Process
Children who want to come to Princethorpe now sit an entrance examination in the November before the year of entry, mainly at 11 and at other ages as space allows. A significant number also join us for Sixth Form at age 16.
We welcome children of all faiths and backgrounds, from our own junior schools, Crackley Hall and The Crescent, and many other maintained and independent primary schools from around a radius of about thirty miles.
Competition for places is high, as are standards, but the school also looks for young people who will contribute to the wider life of the school.
Please register for the Entrance Examination as soon as possible to allow us to process the registration and contact primary schools for references. Following receipt of the registration form any candidate with a learning need will have an assessment with a Special Educational Needs professional.
Admissions For September 2019
We are currently taking registrations for the Entrance Examinations for 2019 entry (for Years 7 to 10) which will take place on Saturday 10 November 2018. All candidates must be registered before sitting the entrance examination. Registration, bursary and scholarship application forms must be received by Friday 5 October 2018.
Following the 2019 Entrance Examination, offer letters will be sent out on Thursday 29 November 2017 and the acceptance deadline will be Monday 4 March 2019.
The acceptance deadline for places is, by a nationally agreed code of practice, the same for all independent schools, allowing parents and children time to review all their options, including those from the maintained sector, before making a final decision.
To request a prospectus click here.
Click here to download our Admissions and Entrance Exam Booklet 2019.
Click here to download our Admissions Policy.
Click play to view our video 'A Spirit of Family'.
Click here to link to our Admissions Update e-newsletter.
- Seven Year 7 Teaching Groups For SeptemberPrincethorpe will move to seven teaching groups in Year 7 for the first time this September when 143 new pupils join the school.
- Year 10 Get A Taste Of Sixth Form LifeThe Trinity Term has been hectic for Year 10 pupils, filled full of revision and internal examinations as they prepare for Year 11 and the run up to their GCSEs. So on Monday 25 and Tuesday 26 June they all enjoyed the chance to step back from their studies and to think about the future as they sampled life in the Sixth Form and considered the subjects they might choose to study at A-level.
- New Year 7s Enjoy An Action Packed Induction DayWednesday 27 June was an exciting day for the 143 Year 6 pupils who will be joining Princethorpe College in Year 7, in September 2018.
- Space Themed DT Challenge Inspires Budding Young DesignersYoung designers enjoyed a real race for space at Princethorpe’s Year 5 Design Technology Challenge.
- College Welcomes Back OPs To Support Princethorpe’s Primary School ChallengePrincethorpe College’s annual Primary School Challenge took place on Wednesday 13 June.
Click on this link to see the Foundation's response to GDPR and to view our Privacy Notices.
Our Registrar, Mrs Vanessa Rooney and her assistants, Miss Helen Morgan and Mrs Catherine Rogers will be pleased to talk you through the admissions process. Please contact them on 01926 634201 or 01926 634262.
" We definitely made the right choice of school and are very grateful that you gave her a place. The main reason we initially fell in love with the school was hearing about the 'ethos' and the pastoral care. At the time I said to others that all schools talk about these things but yours was the only school where I really believed it. My instincts were right!"
“Our son has grown hugely in confidence in all areas: sport, music, academic and social since joining Princethorpe. There are so many opportunities and trips available to him which he is making the most of. It is obvious that all his teachers care very much about him and his development. We feel that the ethos is at the heart of the success of the college and we have recommended Princethorpe to many of our friends.”
"The College is fantastic! It's the best decision we have ever made sending our daughter there."
Aug 18 Sat
Aug 19 Sun
Aug 20 Mon
Aug 21 Tue
Aug 22 Wed
Aug 23 Thu
Aug 24 Fri
Aug 25 Sat
Aug 26 Sun
Aug 27 Mon
Aug 28 Tue
Aug 29 Wed
Aug 30 Thu
Aug 31 Fri
- 08:45-15:30Lower Sixth Form Induction Day
- 09:30-16:00Year 7 Activity Day
- 15:00-16:00Year 7 and Lower Sixth Parents' Tutor meetings (Sports Hall)
Sep 01 Sat
Sep 02 Sun
Sep 03 Mon
- Michaelmas Term begins
Sep 04 Tue
Sep 05 Wed
Sep 06 Thu
Sep 07 Fri
- Princethorpe College Admissions Update e-newsletter published
Sep 08 Sat
Sep 09 Sun
- 14:00-16:00Heritage Open Day ToursPrincethorpe CollegeOur archive team will be conducting free tours of the College. Areas open include Pugin’s magnificent chapel, the cloisters, nuns’ cells, library (former church) and roundhouse. No booking is required; just turn up and join the next available tour. Entrance is via the glazed link off the North Car Park.
Sep 10 Mon
Sep 11 Tue
- 08:40-15:00Year 6 Taster Day
Sep 12 Wed
Sep 13 Thu
- 09:30-15:00Year 6 Taster Day
Sep 14 Fri
Sep 15 Sat
Sep 16 Sun