At Princethorpe we pride ourselves on the range of co-curricular activities that take place outside of the classroom on offer to every pupil. These activities range from ones that challenge young minds, to more creative outlets for self expression, activities aimed at exposing pupils to new social and cultural ideas, tapping safely into new technologies or getting them physically active.
Clubs, societies and activities take place either at lunchtime or after school and each term a full extra-curricular timetable is produced to enable pupils to choose what they would like to take part in. Whether it’s drama or archery, photography or chess we cater for a wide variety of interests
In addition, we also aim to support pupils’ learning by offering regular music and theatre trips, lectures, visits to museums, art galleries and science festivals. We invite guest speakers in to school to discuss issues with pupils, as well as welcoming visiting music, theatre and dance companies to demonstrate their excellence to our pupils.
The Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme is hugely popular at Princethorpe. Each year we have more and more pupils signing up to participate in this nationally recognised Award Scheme.
Overseas trips and expeditions including 'World Challenge' and 'Camps International' are a regular feature of the academic calendar and are offered to all corners of the globe.
Outside Class News
- Outdoor Education Prepares Year 9 For DofEYear 9 pupils now participate in outdoor education lessons as a part of the curriculum.
- Princethorpe U15s Are Champions At William Powell Schools Clay CompetitionThe William Powell Schools Clay Shooting Competition took place on Wednesday 14 November at the Oxfordshire Shooting School in Chipping Norton.
- Hannah’s Poetry Takes Her To Passchendaele And The PalaceNew Lower Sixth student, Hannah Owens, visited Buckingham Palace on Wednesday 7 November to attend the Never Such Innocence Finale.
- Stunning Sicily Proves Spectacular And UnforgettableDuring the Michaelmas half term holiday 22 Year 10 Geography pupils travelled to the Italian island of Sicily.
- Princethorpe’s Chefs Showcase Their Amazing Culinary SkillsPrincethorpe’s aspiring young chefs showcased their superb cooking skills as the College hosted its first ever heat in the Springboard’s FutureChef competition.
Dec 13 Thu
- 12:30-14:00Sixth Form hosts Senior Citizens' Christmas Lunch6FCAtrium
- 13:05-13:50House Public Speaking CompetitionG14 - Theatre
- 14:30Boys' Rugby - U13A, U13B, U13C, U13D - House Rugby (H)
Dec 14 Fri
- 14:30Boys' Rugby - U12A, U12B, U12C, U12D - Inter House Rugby (H)
Dec 15 Sat
- 10:00Boys' Rugby - 2nd XV - Kenilworth School (A) depart 08:30
- 10:00Boys' Rugby - U12A, U13A, U14A, U15A - Kenilworth School (H)
- 10:30Boys' Rugby - 1st XV - Lawrence Sherriff (A) depart 09:00
Dec 16 Sun
Dec 17 Mon
Dec 18 Tue
- 17:00Duke of Edinburgh's Award - Deadline for completion of eDofE Programme Planners
Dec 19 Wed
Dec 20 Thu
- 09:00-15:00Ski Trip - Snowdome PracticeTamworth
Dec 21 Fri
Dec 22 Sat
Dec 23 Sun