At Princethorpe we pride ourselves on the range of co-curricular activities that take place outside of the classroom on offer to every pupil. These activities range from ones that challenge young minds, to more creative outlets for self expression, activities aimed at exposing pupils to new social and cultural ideas, tapping safely into new technologies or getting them physically active.
Clubs, societies and activities take place either at lunchtime or after school and each term a full extra-curricular timetable is produced to enable pupils to choose what they would like to take part in. Whether it’s drama or archery, photography or chess we cater for a wide variety of interests
In addition, we also aim to support pupils’ learning by offering regular music and theatre trips, lectures, visits to museums, art galleries and science festivals. We invite guest speakers in to school to discuss issues with pupils, as well as welcoming visiting music, theatre and dance companies to demonstrate their excellence to our pupils.
The Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme is hugely popular at Princethorpe. Each year we have more and more pupils signing up to participate in this nationally recognised Award Scheme.
Overseas trips and expeditions including 'World Challenge' and 'Camps International' are a regular feature of the academic calendar and are offered to all corners of the globe.
Outside Class News
- Lower Sixth Develop Leadership And Initiative At Marle HallLower Sixth enjoyed a three day trip to Marle Hall that offered students the chance to develop leadership and initiative skills, personal resilience and gave them the opportunity to bond together as a group.
- Residential Proves Princethorpe’s Year 7 Are Great PioneersOur Year 7 Princethorpe Pioneers returned happy, exhausted and more than a little muddy from their residential trip to the Pioneer Centre at Cleobury Mortimer in Shropshire.
- College Hears That Camps International Esmeraldas Project CompletedThis month Princethorpe College was delighted to hear that one of the Camps International projects supported by Princethorpe pupils back in July 2016 has now been completed.
- Jake’s Steady Aim Places Him Second In National Field Archery ChampionshipsHuge congratulations to Year 8’s Jake Lambert, who came second in the National Field Archery Championships that took place at Cornbury Park Estate in Oxfordshire on 14-15 September.
- Costa Rica Proved An Amazing Central American AdventureOver the summer, 70 Princethorpe pupils took part in an amazing adventure, a four-week life changing experience, which they will simply never forget.
Oct 18 Thu
- 14:30Boys' Rugby - U13A - King Edward VI, Five Ways (A) depart 13:15
- 16:15Football - U12A, U12B - Rugby Free School (H)
- 16:30Girls' Hockey - U14A, U15A - Rugby School (A) depart 15:55
- 19:00-20:30Malawi 2020 parents and pupils meetingSixth Form Lecture Theatre
Oct 19 Fri
- Non-Uniform Day and Sixth Form Pink Day Sixth Form Centre
- 14:30Boys' Rugby - U12A - King Edward VI, Five Ways (H)
- 14:30Girls' Hockey - U12A, U12B - Solihull School (H)
- 14:30Girls' Hockey - U12C, U12D - Solihull School (A) depart 13:10
- 17:00Duke of Edinburgh's Award - Deadline for Enrolment
Oct 20 Sat
- 06:00Holland Hockey Tour departs
- 07:00South Coast Tour departs
Oct 21 Sun
- South Coast Tour
Oct 22 Mon
- South Coast Tour
- 04:30Geography Trip to Sicily departs
Oct 23 Tue
- 21:00South Coast Tour returns
Oct 24 Wed
- 21:00Holland Hockey Tour returns
Oct 25 Thu
- 16:00Geography Trip to Sicily returns
Oct 26 Fri
Oct 27 Sat
Oct 28 Sun