Careers Carousel Helps The Lower Sixth Figure Out Their Next Move
As part of our Sixth Form CoRE programme we welcomed a number of Old Princethorpian speakers into school on Thursday 17 February to talk about their journey post-Princethorpe and the different career paths they have taken.
The 'Careers Carousel' offered the Lower Sixth the opportunity to broaden their awareness and knowledge on a range of careers relevant to their interests and aspirations and the event was designed to help students make more informed decisions about their future work options.
The Lower Sixth each attended three of the short talks, gaining insights into some of the different options available to them as they think about their next moves.
Our thanks go to all the OPs who supported the event including:
- Harvey Broadbent - Product Design (Positive Outlook Clothing)
- Ben Oliver – Psychology (Positive Outlook Clothing)
- James Ireland - Mechanical Engineering (with Red Bull Internship)
- Jacob Stone - Medicine (Qualified)
- Carmen Simpson - Physiotherapy (Qualified)
- Zoe Hyland - Psychology (Nursing)
- Etienne Callaghan - Business Management and Entrepreneurship (Broadcast Media)
- Charlie Rooney - Sports Science (Army)
- Lucy Coulson - Law (Barrister)
- James Carney - Real Estate (Property Asset Management)
Later this year the Lower Sixth will also participate in an Interview Skills day, where they will all prepare their CVs and then take part in short mock interviews providing them with the opportunity to perfect their interview technique, sharpen communication skills, presentational qualities and their ability to respond to feedback.