Princethorpe College is a Catholic, co-educational, HMC independent day school for around 900 pupils aged eleven to eighteen and welcomes members of all faiths and backgrounds.
Click on the arrow above to find out what Princethorpe's all about.
The College is renowned for the way in which it looks after its pupils and is characterised by its strong Christian ethos, which underpins everything we do.
The school has a unique history, beautiful surroundings and unequalled character. The atmosphere is warm, open and friendly, but the traditional values of courtesy, discipline, organisation and mutual respect are expected from all; pupils are not stuffy but know how to behave.
We pursue academic rigour, want our pupils to be enthusiastic about hard work and to play a full part in the broader aspects of school life, whether in sport, drama, music, charitable fund-raising, community service, the Duke of Edinburgh's Award, or the many other activities which are on offer. We also want them to enjoy their education.
Our aim is simple: to treat every pupil as an individual, supporting them as they grow into mature, confident, resilient and well-rounded young people with a strong set of moral values to guide them through adult life.
We have our own junior school and nursery, Crackley Hall School and Little Crackers, just down the road in Kenilworth, and we welcomed the Crescent School, an independent junior school in Rugby, to the Foundation on 1 September 2016. These schools both share our Christian ethos, resources and love of learning.
Click on this link to see the Foundation's response to GDPR and to view our Privacy Notices.
- 92-16-1 The Statistics For A Successful Sixth Form Interview DayPut together 92 Sixth Formers, 16 professionals and Monday 12 November, and you get a very successful Sixth Form Interview Day.
- Princethorpe Marks 100 Years On From Armistice Day100 years on from Armistice Day and the end of the First World War, the whole of the Princethorpe College community gathered together today, Friday 9 November, at 11.00am to commemorate the sacrifices made.
- Hannah’s Poetry Takes Her To Passchendaele And The PalaceNew Lower Sixth student, Hannah Owens, visited Buckingham Palace on Wednesday 7 November to attend the Never Such Innocence Finale.
- Boys and Girls Bring Home Hopbel Hockey Tour CupsOver the Michaelmas half term Princethorpe’s U15 Boys and U14 Girls hockey teams travelled to the Netherlands for the first leg of this year’s annual Hockey Tour.
- Stunning Sicily Proves Spectacular And UnforgettableDuring the Michaelmas half term holiday 22 Year 10 Geography pupils travelled to the Italian island of Sicily.
Nov 15 Thu
- 09:00-19:00Admissions Panel meeting6FCMR
- 12:15-13:05Lower Sixth Visiting Speaker - Cybercrime, Sexting, Consent and the Law - PC Lee MarstonG14 - Theatre
- 12:15-13:05Upper Sixth Visiting Speaker - Kate Gibbins, Warwick University - Student Finance6FCLT
- 14:30Boys' Rugby - U13A, U13B - Warwick School (H)
- 16:00-20:30UKMT Sixth Form Senior Team Maths Challenge (Warwick University)University of Warwick
- 16:30-18:30DofE Cluster Meeting6FLCTTeachers attending from local schools.
- 18:00-19:00Ski Trip - 1st Parents MeetingClarkson Theatre
Nov 16 Fri
- The Flagpole deadline
- Year 8 - Geography Speaker: Adventures in Cold Climates
- Year 9 Progress Report published on the pupil and parent portals
- 09:00-17:00Admissions Panel meeting6FCMR
- 14:30Boys' Rugby - U12A, U12B, U12C - Warwick School (A) depart 13:15
- 18:30-19:15Old Princethorpians' Drinks ReceptionDallas Burston Polo Club
- 19:30Prize Giving CeremonyDallas Burston Polo Club
Nov 17 Sat
- 09:00-17:00Scholarship interviews with the Headmaster
- 09:30Girls' Hockey - 1st XI, U15A - KEHS Girls (A) depart 08:00
- 10:30Boys' Rugby - 1st XV, 2nd XV, U12A, U13A - Wellingborough School (A) depart 08:30
- 10:30Boys' Rugby - Boys-U15A - Wellingborough School (H)
- 10:30Girls' Hockey - U12A, U13A, U14A - KEHS Girls (A) depart 08:00
Nov 18 Sun
Nov 19 Mon
- Scholarship interviews all week
- 14:15Boys' Hockey - U15A - Bishop Vesey's (A) depart 13:10
- 14:30Boys' Rugby U15A - King Edward VI, Aston (A) depart 13:10
- 16:00Departmental Meeting
- 18:00-20:00Trustees' Governance Committee MeetingMontargis
Nov 20 Tue
- 14:30Boys' Rugby - U14A, U14B - King Edward VI, Aston (H)
Nov 21 Wed
- 14:00Football - 1st XI, 2nd XI - Bablake (A) depart 13:10
- 14:30Boys' Rugby - 1st XV, 2nd XV - King Edward VI, Aston (H)
- 16:00-18:00House Talent Show Dress RehearsalG14 - Theatre
- 18:00Boys' Hockey - 1st XI - Rugby School (A) depart 16:00
- 18:00Netball - 1st VII - Triangular (A) depart 17:00
Nov 22 Thu
- 09:00Calendar Deadline - Lent Term 2019
- 12:10-13:05More House EucharistChapel
- 14:30Boys' Rugby - U13A, U13B - King Edward VI, Aston (A) depart 13:10
Nov 23 Fri
- Birth of Guru Nanak Dev Ji
- The Flagpole issued
- 13:05-13:55Teaching and Learning GroupG13 - Montargis
- 13:05Boys' Rugby - U12A, U12B - King Edward VI, Aston (A) depart 13:10
Nov 24 Sat
- 09:30Girls' Hockey - U14A, U15A - RGS Worcester (A) depart 08:30
- 10:30Boys' Rugby - 1st XV, 2nd XV, U15A - Loughborough Endowed (A) depart 08:30
- 10:30Boys' Rugby - U12A, U12B, U13A, U13B, U14A, U14B - Loughborough Endowed (H)
- 10:30Girls' Hockey - U14A, U15A - King's School, Worcester (A) depart 08:00
Nov 25 Sun
- Feast of Christ the King
Nov 26 Mon
- 09:00-12:00The Geography GameshowClarkson TheatreYear 8
- 14:00Boys' Hockey - U15A - Lawrence Sheriff (A) depart 13:10
- 16:00Staff Meeting/CPD Session
- 16:15Girls' Hockey - U14A - Leicester Grammar (H)
- 16:30Boys' Rugby - U15A - Warwick School (A) depart 14:00
- 16:30Netball - U12A, U13A - Stratford Girls' Grammar (H)
- 18:00-20:30Trustees Finance Committee MeetingMontargis
- 18:00-19:30Year 11 Revision Evening for ParentsThe Clarkson