Princethorpe College is a Catholic, co-educational, HMC independent day school for about 850 pupils aged eleven to eighteen and welcomes members of all faiths and backgrounds.
Click on the arrow above to view our video 'A Spirit of Family'.
The College is renowned for the way in which it looks after its pupils and is characterised by its strong Christian ethos, which underpins everything we do.
The school has a unique history, beautiful surroundings and unequalled character. The atmosphere is warm, open and friendly, but the traditional values of courtesy, discipline, organisation and mutual respect are expected from all; pupils are not stuffy but know how to behave.
We pursue academic rigour, want our pupils to be enthusiastic about hard work and to play a full part in the broader aspects of school life, whether in sport, drama, music, charitable fund-raising, community service, the Duke of Edinburgh's Award, or the many other activities which are on offer. We also want them to enjoy their education.
Our aim is simple: to treat every pupil as an individual, supporting them as they grow into mature, confident, resilient and well-rounded young people with a strong set of moral values to guide them through adult life.
- Parliament Visit Brings Life In The Chamber Home to A-level Politics Students“It’s one thing watching a debate on the television but it’s totally different when you’re in the Chamber listening to it live”, commented A-level Politics student Archie Dewhurst.
- Princethorpe Houses Take Whizz Kidz To Their HeartsThis year's chosen House charity is to be the very deserving Whizz Kidz, which provides disabled children with the essential wheelchairs and other mobility equipment they need to lead fun and active childhoods.
- England Call for Princethorpe’s Kay Is A Dream Come TrueHockey hot shot Oscar Kay has been selected to join the National Age Group Squads or NAGS at it’s referred to by those in the know.
- Princethorpe Artists Awarded Top Honours In National CompetitionEleven year old Princethorpe College Art Scholar, Mary Lomas, is modestly contemplative of her first prize in the Independent Schools’ Association’s National Art Competition.
- Princethorpe's Green Team Launch Calendar To Celebrate The CountrysidePrincethorpe's environmental Green Team are taking a leaf out of the BBC's Countryfile book and launching the first ever Princethorpe Countryside Photography Calendar for 2016.
Nov 29 Sun
- Boys' Hockey - Indoor Regional Final at Wolverhapmpton (A) pupils to provide own transport
- First Sunday of Advent
- 14:00-16:30Princethorpe PTA Christmas Fair
Nov 30 Mon
- Saint Andrew's Day
- Years 7, 8 and Lower Sixth Internal Assessment week
- 14:30Boys' Rugby - U15A - Bishop Vesey's (H)
- 16:00Staff meeting6FCLT
- 16:30Boys' Hockey - U15A - Warwick School (A) depart 15:55
- 18:30Trustees' AGM (14th)Roundhouse
- 19:15Governing Body Committee meetingRoundhouse
Dec 01 Tue
- 09:30-11:30CH Junior 1 & 2 Nativity RehearsalPrincethorpe Chapel
- 16:15-18:00House Talent Show rehearsalTh
- 16:15Calendar Committee meeting6FCMR
- 17:30-21:006th Form Chemistry TripBirmingham UniChemical Magic