Princethorpe College is a Catholic, co-educational, HMC independent day school for about 850 pupils aged eleven to eighteen and welcomes members of all faiths and backgrounds.
Click on the arrow above to view our video 'A Spirit of Family'.
The College is renowned for the way in which it looks after its pupils and is characterised by its strong Christian ethos, which underpins everything we do.
The school has a unique history, beautiful surroundings and unequalled character. The atmosphere is warm, open and friendly, but the traditional values of courtesy, discipline, organisation and mutual respect are expected from all; pupils are not stuffy but know how to behave.
We pursue academic rigour, want our pupils to be enthusiastic about hard work and to play a full part in the broader aspects of school life, whether in sport, drama, music, charitable fund-raising, community service, the Duke of Edinburgh's Award, or the many other activities which are on offer. We also want them to enjoy their education.
Our aim is simple: to treat every pupil as an individual, supporting them as they grow into mature, confident, resilient and well-rounded young people with a strong set of moral values to guide them through adult life.
We have our own junior school and nursery, Crackley Hall School and Little Crackers, just down the road in Kenilworth, and as of 1 September 2016 new to the Foundation, we welcome Crescent School, an independent junior school in Rugby. These schools all share our ethos, resources and love of learning.
- Save The Date! Golden Jubilee Ball – Saturday 1 July 2017 From 7.30pm - 1.00amContinuing the Princefest spirit of friends, family and fun, the Golden Jubilee Ball will take place on Saturday 1 July in a beautiful marquee in the College grounds. This will be an over 18s black tie event.
- College Welcomes Visitors On Open MorningPupils from Years 7 and 8 ably showed visitors around the school during the morning while staff and pupils continued their lessons.
- The Pinnacle - Issue 21 - Be Inspired!As ever there are pages full of pupils undertaking tough academic challenges, amazing sporting feats and producing fantastic award-winning artwork and evocative creative writing.
- Year 7 Pupil Toby Lee Swaps Warwickshire For The West EndEarlier in November, Princethorpe College Year 7 and former Crackley Hall School pupil Toby Lee made his West End musical debut in Andrew Lloyd Webber's School of Rock the Musical!
- The Good, The Bad and The Ugly – Sixth Form Pantomime A Sure-fire Success!Bristling with excitement, the theatre packed full of families, friends and staff was treated to the much anticipated Sixth Form Pantomime performance of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.
Jan 19 Thu
- 12:15-13:55Sixth Form Open Forum Discussion with Dr Julia Moss & Janet Kennedy from Know Your Mind6FCLT
- 12:15-13:05Life Skills
- 13:10-13:50House University Challenge - Austin v MoreTh
- 14:30Netball - U13A, U13B, U13C - Bablake (H)
- 16:00-20:00Computer Security: Fighting back against the hackersThe Limes Atrium
- 19:15-21:00PC PTA Committee Metting6FMR
Jan 20 Fri
- The Flagpole deadline
- 08:45-15:40Lower Sixth PCR Trip - Think TankBirmingham
Jan 21 Sat
- 09:00-15:00Entrance Examinations
- 09:30Boys' Hockey - U12A - Solihull School (A) depart 08:00
- 09:30Mixed Cross Country - U12A, U13A, U14A, U15A, U16A - County championships (A) depart 09:00
- 09:30Netball - U12A, U13A, U14A - Wolverhampton Grammar (A) depart 08:00
- 10:00Boys' Hockey - U13A, U13B - Bromsgrove School (A) depart
- 10:00Boys' Hockey Sevens - U13A, U13B - Bromsgrove School (A) depart
- 10:30Boys' Hockey - U12B - Solihull School (A) depart 08:00
- 10:30Football - 1st XI, 2nd XI - Wellingborough (A) depart 08:30
- 10:30Football - U13A, U14A, U14B, U15A, U15B - Wellingborough (H)
- 10:30Netball - 1st VII, 2nd VII, U15A - Wolverhampton Grammar (A) depart 08:00
- 13:00Mixed Swimming - U12A, U13A, U14A, U15A - National ISA Finals (A) depart
- 18:00-23:30Warwickshire Astronomical Society - Stargazing sessionOrchard
Jan 22 Sun
- 14:00-16:30Coventry Way & 24/7 Challenge Practice Walk (7.5 miles): Meet @ Ryton Co-op, Finish @ Brinklow ChurchCV8 3FH
Jan 23 Mon
- House Council meetings this week
- 09:00-13:00Year 9 DTP and Men ACWY vacinations6FCLT
- 09:30-13:00Year 9 vaccinations
- 11:20-12:10Lower Sixth CoRE visiting speaker: Compassion in World Farming - Eileen GreevesTh
- 14:15Boys' Hockey - U15B - King Edward VI, Stratford (A) depart 13:15
- 14:15Netball - 1st VII, 2nd VII, 3rd VII - King Henry VIII (H)
- 16:00Heads of Department meetingLG06
- 16:10Netball - U15A, U15B - Solihull School (A) depart 15:15
- 19:00-20:00Science Matters talkTh