Princethorpe College is a Catholic, co-educational, HMC independent day school for around 900 pupils aged eleven to eighteen and welcomes members of all faiths and backgrounds.
Click on the arrow above to view our video 'A Spirit of Family'.
The College is renowned for the way in which it looks after its pupils and is characterised by its strong Christian ethos, which underpins everything we do.
The school has a unique history, beautiful surroundings and unequalled character. The atmosphere is warm, open and friendly, but the traditional values of courtesy, discipline, organisation and mutual respect are expected from all; pupils are not stuffy but know how to behave.
We pursue academic rigour, want our pupils to be enthusiastic about hard work and to play a full part in the broader aspects of school life, whether in sport, drama, music, charitable fund-raising, community service, the Duke of Edinburgh's Award, or the many other activities which are on offer. We also want them to enjoy their education.
Our aim is simple: to treat every pupil as an individual, supporting them as they grow into mature, confident, resilient and well-rounded young people with a strong set of moral values to guide them through adult life.
We have our own junior school and nursery, Crackley Hall School and Little Crackers, just down the road in Kenilworth, and we welcomed the Crescent School, an independent junior school in Rugby, to the Foundation on 1 September 2016. These schools both share our Christian ethos, resources and love of learning.
- Helena Takes National ISA Art HonoursPrincethorpe College Art Scholar, Helena Lintott, has been awarded a first place in the Independent Schools’ Association’s prestigious National Art Competition.
- Foundation News: ISI Inspection Finds Excellent Pupil Achievement And Personal Development At Crack…Crackley Hall School in Kenilworth has received the highest possible ratings across all criteria from the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) following an inspection in October 2017.
- GCSE Drama Pupils Have Opportunity To Get FranticOn Tuesday 14 November Princethorpe College’s Year 10 and 11 Drama pupils were treated to a day of devising with Sean Holland from the world acclaimed touring Theatre Company, Frantic Assembly.
- Princethorpe’s SVP Committee Meet Mary’s Meals FounderPrincethorpe’s Youth Saint Vincent de Paul (SVP) committee, who champion charitable efforts at the College, got the chance to meet inspiring Mary’s Meals founder, Magnus MacFarlane-Barrow OBE face to face in London on Thursday 9 November.
- No Bah Humbug For Princethorpe PupilsPrincethorpe College pupils Toby Convey and Tom Lomas, who are both in Year 7, are in final rehearsals for the Royal Shakespeare Company’s seasonal stage show A Christmas Carol which opens on Monday 27 November in Stratford-upon-Avon.
Nov 24 Fri
- The Flagpole published
- 09:00-17:00Scholarship Interviews Main School - Front of House
- 13:05-13:35Friday DetentionG10 - MFL
- 15:50-16:50Friday After School DetentionF26 - History
- 16:00Calendar deadline for Lent 2018
- 19:00-22:00House Talent Show (Th)
Nov 25 Sat
- 09:30Girls' Hockey - U12A, U12B - Bedford Modern (H)
- 10:00Boys' Hockey - Boys -U12A - Kind Edward VI, Stratford (A) depart 08:30
- 10:30Girls' Hockey - U13A, U13B - Bedford Modern (H)
- 10:30Girls' Hockey - U14A, U15A - Bedford Modern (A) depart 09:00
- 10:30Rugby Union - U12A, U14A - King Edward VI, Aston (H)
- 10:30Rugby Union - U13A, U15A - King Edward VI, Aston (A) depart 08:30
Nov 26 Sun
- Feast of Christ the King
Nov 27 Mon
- Years 9, 10 and Lower Sixth Internal Assessments all week
- 16:00Departmental meetings
- 16:30Boys' Hockey - Boys - U15A - Warwick School (A) depart 15:30
- 16:30Girls' Hockey - Girls - U14A - Leicester Grammar (A) depart 15:45
- 16:30Rugby Union - Boys - U15A - Warwick School (A) depart 15:00
- 19:00-21:00Science Matters talkSixth Form CentreDate is provisional - NOW POSTPONED UNTIL MONDAY 27th.
Nov 28 Tue
- 09:00-15:45Maths in Action trip Yr 9-11 TBCWarwick Arts Centre
- 14:30Girls' Hockey - U14C - King Henry VIII (A) depart 13:30
- 14:30Rugby Union - U14A - Warwick School (H)
- 14:30Rugby Union - U14B - Warwick School (H)
Nov 29 Wed
- 10:30-19:30Spanish A Level theatre tripCervantes Theatre, London
- 14:30Girls' Hockey - 1st XI, 2nd XI - Bloxham (A) depart 13:15
- 14:30Rugby Union - 1st XV, 2nd XV - Warwick School (H)
- 14:45Football - 1st XI, 2nd XI, 3rd XI, 4th XI - Kimbolton School (A) depart 12:45
- 16:30Girls' Hockey - U13A, U13B - Solihull School (H)
Nov 30 Thu
- Saint Andrew's Day
- 13:10-13:50College Council Meeting
- 16:15Football - U13A - Rugby & District Futsal Festival (A) depart 15:55
- 16:15Netball - U12A, U13A - St Thomas More School (H)
- 16:30Boys' Hockey - U13A - Warwick School (A) depart 15:30
- 17:00Entrance Examination results posted