Princethorpe College is a Catholic, co-educational, HMC independent day school for about 820 pupils aged eleven to eighteen and welcomes members of all faiths.
Click on the arrow above to view our video 'A Spirit of Family'.
The College is renowned for the way in which it looks after its pupils and is characterised by its strong Christian ethos, which underpins everything we do.
The school has a unique history, beautiful surroundings and unequalled character. The atmosphere is warm, open and friendly, but the traditional values of courtesy, discipline, organisation and mutual respect are expected from all; pupils are not stuffy but know how to behave.
We pursue academic rigour, want our pupils to be enthusiastic about hard work and to play a full part in the broader aspects of school life, whether in sport, drama, music, charitable fund-raising, community service, the Duke of Edinburgh's Award, or the many other activities which are on offer. We also want them to enjoy their education.
Our aim is simple: to treat every pupil as an individual, supporting them as they grow into mature, confident, resilient and well-rounded young people with a strong set of moral values to guide them through adult life.
- Perfect Ten For Princethorpe Foundation National SwimmersPrincethorpe Foundation swimmers brought home a tally of ten medals following their success in the Independent Schools’ Association’s National Swimming Championships held at Coventry baths on Saturday 18 May.
- Year 9 Extended Project Pupils Use Dissertations To Tackle Controversial TopicsSo do you think that horse racing is morally wrong? Or perhaps you think that children should have the same rights as adults? Or maybe you consider it right to contact indigenous tribes currently unaware of our presence?
- Gross Bugs and Tape Worms – Years 7 - 9 Are Smitten By Gross Diseases LectureFourteen keen Key Stage 3 scientists attended a Gross Diseases and Killer Bugs Lecture given by National Geographic Biologist Dr Mike Leahy.
- Shaw Tops Boys’ Team In Warwickshire Combined EventsTalented Princethorpe College athlete, Adam Shaw, took great pride in winning the Inter Boys’ age group of the Warwickshire Combined Events held at Nuneaton’s Pingles stadium held on 8/9 May 2013.
- Princethorpe Trio Dominate Local Park RunThree Princethorpe College athletes took their spikes to the Kenilworth Festival’s annual Fun Run on Saturday 11 May.
May 22 Wed
- 09:00-09:45Games Committee Meeting6FCMRNMC/DB/SMM only
- 09:30-18:00Big Beat Percussion Workshop for Music G&TTheatreOpen concert 17.15-18.00pm
- 10:30Athletics - Selected - ISA Tournament - Midlands (A) depart 09:00Alexander Stadium
- 13:00-14:15Our Lady's school Princethorpe to College chapelChapel
- 14:00Boys' Cricket - 1st XI - KES, Stratford (H) CANCELLED
- 14:15Boys' Tennis - U18 - Warwick School (A) depart 13:30
- 19:30-21:00Reading GroupLibrary
May 23 Thu
- AS Photography Trip to Nottingham Trent Photography Degree Show
- 08:35-09:00House AssemblyTheatre/Library/6th form LT/Chapel
- 09:45-15:20Taster Day Year 5- The Croft
- 14:30Boys' Tennis - U13 - Warwick School (H) (CANCELLED)
- 15:30Boys' Cricket - U13 - Bilton (H)
May 24 Fri
- The Flagpole deadline
- 11:00Retreat at Craig Lodge, Argyll, ScotlandTrip for Years 9-12
- 14:15Boys' Cricket - U12a, U12b - Bablake (A) depart 13:20 (CANCELLED)
- 15:45Half Term holiday begins
- 15:45Years 8 and 9 - Progress report available on the pupil and parent portal
- 16:00A2 study leave begins for upper sixth
May 25 Sat
- National Schools' Two Day Event at OffchurchOffchurch Bury