Princethorpe College is a Catholic, co-educational, HMC independent day school for about 850 pupils aged eleven to eighteen and welcomes members of all faiths and backgrounds.
Click on the arrow above to view our video 'A Spirit of Family'.
The College is renowned for the way in which it looks after its pupils and is characterised by its strong Christian ethos, which underpins everything we do.
The school has a unique history, beautiful surroundings and unequalled character. The atmosphere is warm, open and friendly, but the traditional values of courtesy, discipline, organisation and mutual respect are expected from all; pupils are not stuffy but know how to behave.
We pursue academic rigour, want our pupils to be enthusiastic about hard work and to play a full part in the broader aspects of school life, whether in sport, drama, music, charitable fund-raising, community service, the Duke of Edinburgh's Award, or the many other activities which are on offer. We also want them to enjoy their education.
Our aim is simple: to treat every pupil as an individual, supporting them as they grow into mature, confident, resilient and well-rounded young people with a strong set of moral values to guide them through adult life.
We have our own junior school and nursery, Crackley Hall School and Little Crackers, just down the road in Kenilworth, and as of 1 September 2016 new to the Foundation, we welcome Crescent School, an independent junior school in Rugby. These schools all share our ethos, resources and love of learning.
- Princethorpe Pupil Rivals Theatre Greats With Olivier Award Aged TwelveNot many people can lay claim to an Olivier Award and worldwide recognition at age twelve. However, rivalling the success of many theatre greats and musicians alike is exactly what Year 7 Princethorpe pupil Toby Lee is doing.
- Inauguration Ceremony Welcomes New Princethorpe Prefect BodyThe new Princethorpe College Prefect Body for 2017-2018 was formally inaugurated at an end of term ceremony on Friday 31 March.
- Golden Jubilee Ball Tickets Go Live!Ticket applications for the College's final celebration of its Jubilee year, the Golden Jubilee Ball, are now live!
- Golden Jubilee Spring Concert – A True Jewel In Our Crown!The fantastic surroundings of Coventry Central Hall provided the backdrop for Princethorpe College’s annual Spring Concert on Friday 24 March.
- Warwickshire Hills Alive With The Sound Of PrincethorpiansThe hills of Warwickshire were alive with the sound of fifty-six Princethorpe Sixth Formers and staff as they took on the Coventry Way and 24/7 Challenge walks in aid of Mary’s Meals on Sunday 26 March.
Apr 25 Tue
- 16:15Pastoral Team meeting6FCMR
- 18:00-19:00Golden Jubilee Cycling Pilgrimage Route Planning
- 18:00-19:00Year 8 Whitemoor Lakes Residential Trip parents' information evening
- 19:00-20:30GCSE Music Recital EveningTh
Apr 26 Wed
- Deadline for acceptances of Sixth Form places
- Ten Ten Theatre Company visit to support SRE programmeTh
- 10:35-10:55Winning House CelebrationRefectoryCelebration in tutor time for whichever house wins the house cup.
- 14:00-15:45Whole School EucharistSPH
- 15:55-18:30Boys' Hockey - U13A (A)CV6 7AL
- 15:55-18:30Girls' Hockey - U12A, U13A (A)CV6 7AL
- 16:30Boys' Hockey - U13A (H)
- 17:00German Exchange Pupils arrivePrincethorpe
Apr 27 Thu
- German Exchange Pupils at PrincethorpePrincethorpe
- Year 7 and 8 - UKMT Junior Mathematical Challenge
- 08:50-15:45GCSE Art ExaminationsArt 1
- 19:00-20:00A-level Music Recital EveningRoundhouse
Apr 28 Fri
- The Flagpole published
- 08:50-15:35GCSE ART ExaminationsArt 3
- 10:00-19:30Girls' Hockey - U12A - Midlands Finals (A)
- 11:20-12:10Lower Sixth Visiting Speaker: Anthony Howland - 'How to swim the Channel'6FCLT
- 16:00-20:00German Exchange pupils visit to CoventryCoventry
- 18:00Rugby Scouts Annual CampSports field, changing rooms
Apr 29 Sat
- Rugby Scouts Annual CampSports field, changing rooms
- 09:00-16:00German Exchange pupils visit to Warwick and Leamington Spa
Apr 30 Sun
- 08:00-23:00Rugby Scouts Annual CampSports field, changing rooms
- 10:00-18:00German Exchange Pupils visit to CannockCannock
May 01 Mon
- May Bank Holiday (school closed)
- 08:00-16:00Rugby Scouts Annual CampSports field, changing rooms
- 09:30Boys' Hockey - U15A, - Hopbel C1 (H)
- 10:30Girls' Hockey - U15A, - Hopbel C1 (H)
- 11:30Girls' Hockey - U13A, - Hopbel C2 (H)
- 16:00-19:00German Exchange pupils BBQ at Princethorpe