Roadworks On The B4453 – Access To Princethorpe College Still Possible
Warwickshire County Council are currently resurfacing and improving the footpath from Princethorpe village to the College’s entrance.The work is estimated to continue until Friday 6 December.
Between the hours of 9.15am and 3.00pm from Monday to Friday it is unfortunately not possible to access the College from Princethorpe village on the B4453.
When coming from Leamington on the B4453 via Weston-under-Wetherley there is a Road Closed sign at the junction with Burnthurst Lane. In spite of this sign, it is possible to access the College on the B4453 from the Weston direction.
As an alternative route, if approaching the College on the A423, we would suggest continuing on the A423, turning along the A445 at Ryton-on-Dunsmore in the direction of Leamington, then turning left onto Weston Lane before re-joining the B4453 and turning left on the edge of Weston-under-Wetherley (ultimately going past the “Road Closed” sign). Click here for map.
We thank everyone for their forbearance and patience; hopefully there is only a week of this inconvenience remaining.
Princethorpe College is a Catholic, co-educational, HMC independent day school for about 850 pupils aged eleven to eighteen and welcomes members of all faiths.
Click on the arrow above to view our video 'A Spirit of Family'.
The College is renowned for the way in which it looks after its pupils and is characterised by its strong Christian ethos, which underpins everything we do.
The school has a unique history, beautiful surroundings and unequalled character. The atmosphere is warm, open and friendly, but the traditional values of courtesy, discipline, organisation and mutual respect are expected from all; pupils are not stuffy but know how to behave.
We pursue academic rigour, want our pupils to be enthusiastic about hard work and to play a full part in the broader aspects of school life, whether in sport, drama, music, charitable fund-raising, community service, the Duke of Edinburgh's Award, or the many other activities which are on offer. We also want them to enjoy their education.
Our aim is simple: to treat every pupil as an individual, supporting them as they grow into mature, confident, resilient and well-rounded young people with a strong set of moral values to guide them through adult life.
- Double Warwickshire U18 Indoor Hockey ChampionsPrincethorpe College’s U18 Girls and Boys Hockey Squads have come up trumps in the Warwickshire Indoor Championships with each now proudly claiming the tile of County Champions.
- Dibb Takes Fourth In British Biathlon ChampionshipsPrincethorpe College’s Mollie Dibb achieved two personal bests on the track and in the pool to win fourth place in the British Modern Biathlon Championships.
- Christmas Fair - A Wonderful Start To The Festive SeasonThe festive season got off to a great start last Sunday with the fabulous PTA Christmas Fair.
- Movember Warriors Raise The Profile Of Men’s HealthYou may have noticed several members of staff around the College Campus growing conspicuous moustaches throughout November.
- Old Princethorpian Ian Bell In Contention For BBC Sports Personality Of The Year AwardOld Princethorpian, Ian Bell, has been announced as one of ten contenders shortlisted for next month's coveted 60th BBC Sports Personality of the Year award.
Dec 06 Fri
- 14:50-15:45House Christmas Quiz
- 18:00-22:00Jo Scanlon - charity concertChapelprovisional dates see Adele
Dec 07 Sat
- 09:30Girls' Hockey - 1st XI, 2nd XI - Wellingborough (A) depart 08:00
- 10:15Cross Country - U14, U12 - Shipston on Stour - depart 09:30
- 10:30Boys' Rugby - 1st XV, 2nd XV, U15 - Bishop Vesey's (H)
- 10:30Boys' Rugby - U14, U13, U12 - Bishop Vesey's (A) depart 08:30
- 10:30Girls' Hockey - U15, U14 - Wellingborough (A) depart 08:00
Dec 08 Sun
- Feast of the Immaculate Conception - MSC Foundation Day
Dec 09 Mon
- Borneo Trip candy cane orders placed this weekGround floor corridor
- 12:00-14:00Lunch for senior citizens6FC
- 14:15Boys' Rugby - U15 - Inter-house
- 16:00-17:30Staff Meeting6FCLT
Dec 10 Tue
- LAMDA examinationstbcMs Litterick/Mary MacDonald
- 09:15-14:30Rehearsal for KS2 Christmas Service @ PC ChapelPrincethorpe Chapel
- 14:30Boys' Rugby - U14 - Inter-house
- 15:30-19:00Beginners' Ski trip visit to SnowdomeLMH/RH organising
- 16:15Boys' Football - U15 - District Festival - Bilton School (A) depart 16:00
Dec 11 Wed
- 08:35-09:00House AssemblyDRT/Library/Chapel/6FCLT
- 09:15-14:30Rehearsal Crackley KS Christmas Service in PC ChapelPrincethorpe Chapel
- 14:00Boys' Football - 1st XI, 2nd XI - Coundon Court (H)
- 14:30Girls' Hockey - 1st XI - King Henry VIII (H)
- 14:30Girls' Hockey - 2nd XI - King Henry VIII (A) depart 13:30
- 16:00Badminton - U14 - District Festival - Rugby School (A) depart 15:55
- 16:30Boys' Hockey - U14 - Lawrence Sheriff - Hart Field (A) Depart 15:55