Princethorpe College is a Catholic, co-educational, HMC independent day school for about 850 pupils aged eleven to eighteen and welcomes members of all faiths and backgrounds.
Click on the arrow above to view our video 'A Spirit of Family'.
The College is renowned for the way in which it looks after its pupils and is characterised by its strong Christian ethos, which underpins everything we do.
The school has a unique history, beautiful surroundings and unequalled character. The atmosphere is warm, open and friendly, but the traditional values of courtesy, discipline, organisation and mutual respect are expected from all; pupils are not stuffy but know how to behave.
We pursue academic rigour, want our pupils to be enthusiastic about hard work and to play a full part in the broader aspects of school life, whether in sport, drama, music, charitable fund-raising, community service, the Duke of Edinburgh's Award, or the many other activities which are on offer. We also want them to enjoy their education.
Our aim is simple: to treat every pupil as an individual, supporting them as they grow into mature, confident, resilient and well-rounded young people with a strong set of moral values to guide them through adult life.
We have our own junior school and nursery, Crackley Hall School and Little Crackers, just down the road in Kenilworth, and as of 1 September 2016 new to the Foundation, we welcome Crescent School, an independent junior school in Rugby. These schools all share our ethos, resources and love of learning.
- Pride Of Princethorpe; Five U13 Rugby Players Selected For Wasps’ DPPSelection into Wasps new U13 Developing Players Programme (DPP) is no mean feat.
- The Revel School Picks Up Goals Like Collector’s Items In U11 Football FestivalPrincethorpe College’s U11 Football Festival organisers cast their eyes upwards and gave thanks for September’s clear blue skies.
- Crescent Hockey Stars Eclipse OppositionWith enthusiasm un-dampened by the weather, over 70 girls representing a number of local primary schools took part in a Junior Hockey Tournament hosted at Princethorpe College yesterday.
- Rapunzel’s Rescue Results In Joyful Laughter From Visiting Avon Park School PupilsPrincethorpe Sixth Formers played host to a ‘Mad Hatter’s’ fish ‘n’ chip picnic for fifteen pupils from Avon Park School.
- Foundation Head Boys Discuss Roles, Responsibilities And… MumsFor the first time in the Foundation’s history the Head Boy of Crackley Hall and the Head Boy of Princethorpe College are related.
Sep 26 Mon
- European Day of Languages
- 11:20-12:10Lower Sixth CoRE visiting speaker6FCLT
- 15:00-17:15Girls' Hockey - U15A - Leicester Grammar (A) depart 13:45
- 15:00-17:00Trustee Training - Paul SpillaneRoundhouse
- 16:00Boys' Rugby - U15A, U14A - District Festival (H)
- 16:00House Tutor Team meetings
- 18:30Governing Body meetingRoundhouse
- 19:00-21:00Science Matters talk6FCProvisional date tbc with speaker
Sep 27 Tue
- 08:40-15:45GCSE and A-level Drama Studies Gecko Theatre workshopThDrama pupils will be given the opportunity to have a devising workshop with Gecko Theatre company. (A change to Splendid)
Sep 28 Wed
- 14:00-17:30Girls' Hockey - 1st XI - Warwickshire County Championships (A) depart 12:45
- 14:00-15:45Boys' Football - 1st XI, 2nd XI - Bilton School (A) depart 13:20
- 14:15-16:15Boys' Hockey - 1st XI - King Edward VI, Stratford (A) depart 13:15
- 14:30Boys' Rugby - 1st XV - Northampton School for Boys (H)
- 16:00Girls' Netball - U16 County (A) depart 15:20 - Cancelled
- 16:15Boys' Football - U13A, U12A - Foremarke Hall (H)
- 19:30-22:00Arts Society lecture: Dr Nick Baker - Horace Walpole and Strawberry Hill6FCLT and AtriumArts Society Autumn 2016 Programme
Sep 29 Thu
- Michaelmas, Saint Gabriel and Saint Raphael's Day
- 14:30-15:45Boys' Rugby - U13B, U13C - King Edward's School, Birmingham (H)
- 16:15-18:00Boys' Football - U14A, U12A - Avon Valley (H)
- 16:30-18:00Boys' Football - U16A - Avon Valley (A) depart 15:55
- 18:00-20:30House Tutor Parents' EveningSPH
Sep 30 Fri
- Deadline for BMAT entries
- The Flagpole published
- Upper Sixth Academic Tutorials end
- 08:40-09:35Life Skills
- 19:00-21:00Headmaster's Quiz and PTA Social for new parents and pupils.6FC