Princethorpe College is a Catholic, co-educational, HMC independent day school for around 900 pupils aged eleven to eighteen and welcomes members of all faiths and backgrounds.
Click on the arrow above to find out what Princethorpe's all about.
The College is renowned for the way in which it looks after its pupils and is characterised by its strong Christian ethos, which underpins everything we do.
The school has a unique history, beautiful surroundings and unequalled character. The atmosphere is warm, open and friendly, but the traditional values of courtesy, discipline, organisation and mutual respect are expected from all; pupils are not stuffy but know how to behave.
We pursue academic rigour, want our pupils to be enthusiastic about hard work and to play a full part in the broader aspects of school life, whether in sport, drama, music, charitable fund-raising, community service, the Duke of Edinburgh's Award, or the many other activities which are on offer. We also want them to enjoy their education.
Our aim is simple: to treat every pupil as an individual, supporting them as they grow into mature, confident, resilient and well-rounded young people with a strong set of moral values to guide them through adult life.
We have our own junior school and nursery, Crackley Hall School and Little Crackers, just down the road in Kenilworth, and we welcomed the Crescent School, an independent junior school in Rugby, to the Foundation on 1 September 2016. These schools both share our Christian ethos, resources and love of learning.
Click on this link to see the Foundation's response to GDPR and to view our Privacy Notices.
- Engineering Professors Return To Princethorpe To Help DT Pupils Build Three 3D PrintersNearly fifty years on from when they boarded at the College, Professors Paul and Peter Cheung returned to Princethorpe last weekend to take 11 lucky GCSE Design Technology pupils on an amazing hands-on journey into the technological advanced world of 3D printing.
- 92-16-1 The Statistics For A Successful Sixth Form Interview DayPut together 92 Sixth Formers, 16 professionals and Monday 12 November, and you get a very successful Sixth Form Interview Day.
- Princethorpe College Junior Girls Cross Country Team Qualify For ESAA National FinalsPrincethorpe College’s Junior Girls Cross Country Team can congratulate themselves after qualifying for the English Schools’ Athletics Association’s National Final.
- Princethorpe Marks 100 Years On From Armistice Day100 years on from Armistice Day and the end of the First World War, the whole of the Princethorpe College community gathered together today, Friday 9 November, at 11.00am to commemorate the sacrifices made.
- Hannah’s Poetry Takes Her To Passchendaele And The PalaceNew Lower Sixth student, Hannah Owens, visited Buckingham Palace on Wednesday 7 November to attend the Never Such Innocence Finale.
Nov 17 Sat
- 09:00-17:00Scholarship interviews with the Headmaster
- 09:30Girls' Hockey - 1st XI, U15A - KEHS Girls (A) depart 08:00
- 10:30Boys' Rugby - 1st XV, 2nd XV, U12A, U13A - Wellingborough School (A) depart 08:30
- 10:30Boys' Rugby - Boys-U15A - Wellingborough School (H)
- 10:30Girls' Hockey - U12A, U13A, U14A - KEHS Girls (A) depart 08:00
Nov 18 Sun
Nov 19 Mon
- Scholarship interviews all week
- 14:15Boys' Hockey - U15A - Bishop Vesey's (A) depart 13:10
- 14:30Boys' Rugby U15A - King Edward VI, Aston (A) depart 13:10
- 16:00Departmental Meeting
- 18:00-20:00Trustees' Governance Committee MeetingMontargis
Nov 20 Tue
- 14:30Boys' Rugby - U14A, U14B - King Edward VI, Aston (H)
Nov 21 Wed
- 14:00Football - 1st XI, 2nd XI - Bablake (A) depart 13:10
- 14:30Boys' Rugby - 1st XV, 2nd XV - King Edward VI, Aston (H)
- 16:00-18:00House Talent Show Dress RehearsalG14 - Theatre
- 18:00Boys' Hockey - 1st XI - Rugby School (A) depart 16:00
- 18:00Netball - 1st VII - Triangular (A) depart 17:00
Nov 22 Thu
- 09:00Calendar Deadline - Lent Term 2019
- 12:10-13:05More House EucharistChapel
- 14:30Boys' Rugby - U13A, U13B - King Edward VI, Aston (A) depart 13:10