Princethorpe College is a Catholic, co-educational, HMC independent day school for about 850 pupils aged eleven to eighteen and welcomes members of all faiths and backgrounds.
Click on the arrow above to view our video 'A Spirit of Family'.
The College is renowned for the way in which it looks after its pupils and is characterised by its strong Christian ethos, which underpins everything we do.
The school has a unique history, beautiful surroundings and unequalled character. The atmosphere is warm, open and friendly, but the traditional values of courtesy, discipline, organisation and mutual respect are expected from all; pupils are not stuffy but know how to behave.
We pursue academic rigour, want our pupils to be enthusiastic about hard work and to play a full part in the broader aspects of school life, whether in sport, drama, music, charitable fund-raising, community service, the Duke of Edinburgh's Award, or the many other activities which are on offer. We also want them to enjoy their education.
Our aim is simple: to treat every pupil as an individual, supporting them as they grow into mature, confident, resilient and well-rounded young people with a strong set of moral values to guide them through adult life.
- Broad smiles for Princethorpe’s GCSE candidatesFrom a cohort of 134 GCSE candidates at Princethorpe, a third of grades are at A* or A, over 60% at grade B or better and 14 pupils achieved at least ten A* or A grades.
- First-class results for Princethorpe's A-level pupilsOut of a cohort of 102 Upper Sixth Formers at Princethorpe, the overwhelming majority have gained entry into the universities of their choice with over a quarter of all grades at A* or A and over three-quarters of all grades at C or better.
- ‘Princewarts’ House Activity Day – A Magical SuccessAn enormous Princewarts sign greeted muggles and wizards as they journeyed up the drive on Wednesday 1 July for House Activity Day. Each of the four Houses were ushered into the Great Hall and welcomed by Professor Dumbledore (Mr David Hare) who threw down the magical gauntlet inspiring everyone to do their House proud.
- National Standard Performance For Pask Wins Midlands Regional HeptathlonPrincethorpe College Heptathlete star, Annabelle Pask, proved that she is back on form by winning the individual Midlands Regional Heptathlon.
- All That Jazz - Striking The Right Chord Gains Tom A Place At The Birmingham ConservatoireTop jazz player, Tom Barnes, has been accepted onto the Jazz Course at the Junior Birmingham Conservatoire.
Sep 01 Tue
- Vertical Tutoring Day
- Year 10 and Lower Sixth year group and portrait photos
- 08:30-15:45Sixth Form Induction Day
- 08:40Michaelmas Term begins
- 16:15Curriculum Team meetingF16
- 16:15Pastoral Team meeting6FCMR
Sep 02 Wed
- 14:00Girls' Hockey - 1st XI, 2nd XI - Pre-season training (H)
Sep 03 Thu
- 11:00-13:00Lower Sixth Oxbridge visitng speaker: Dr Joe Organ6FCMR
- 16:15Girls' Hockey - 1st XI - Gresham's School (A) depart 15:55
Sep 04 Fri
- The Flagpole deadline
- 13:00-13:50Golden Jubilee Committee meeting6FCMR
Sep 05 Sat
- 09:00Girls' Hockey - U12A - Pre-season training (H)
- 09:30Girls' Hockey - 1st XI, 2nd XI , U15A, U14A - King's High (A) depart 08:30
- 09:30Girls' Netball - U16A - Streatham & Clapham High School (H)
- 10:00Boys' Rugby - 1st XV, 2nd XV, U15A, U14A, U13A - Stamford (A) depart 07:45
- 10:30Boys' Rugby - U17A - Pre-season training (H)
- 10:30Girls' Hockey - U13A - Pre-season training (H)
Sep 06 Sun
- 13:00Old Princethorpians v Kenilworth RFCKenilworth RFC