Princethorpe College is a Catholic, co-educational, HMC independent day school for around 900 pupils aged eleven to eighteen and welcomes members of all faiths and backgrounds.
Click on the arrow above to view our video 'A Spirit of Family'.
The College is renowned for the way in which it looks after its pupils and is characterised by its strong Christian ethos, which underpins everything we do.
The school has a unique history, beautiful surroundings and unequalled character. The atmosphere is warm, open and friendly, but the traditional values of courtesy, discipline, organisation and mutual respect are expected from all; pupils are not stuffy but know how to behave.
We pursue academic rigour, want our pupils to be enthusiastic about hard work and to play a full part in the broader aspects of school life, whether in sport, drama, music, charitable fund-raising, community service, the Duke of Edinburgh's Award, or the many other activities which are on offer. We also want them to enjoy their education.
Our aim is simple: to treat every pupil as an individual, supporting them as they grow into mature, confident, resilient and well-rounded young people with a strong set of moral values to guide them through adult life.
We have our own junior school and nursery, Crackley Hall School and Little Crackers, just down the road in Kenilworth, and we welcomed the Crescent School, an independent junior school in Rugby, to the Foundation on 1 September 2016. These schools both share our Christian ethos, resources and love of learning.
- Basford Represents Europe In Pickleball’s Inaugural Bainbridge CupHuge congratulations to Princethorpe College Year 11 pupil, Will Basford, who represented Europe in the inaugural International Federation of Pickleball’s Bainbridge Cup, which took place in Madrid from September 15-17.
- Latest Admission Update Newsletter Now AvailableThe lastest edition of the College's Admissions Update e-newsletter has been published. The issue is packed with news to give prospective parents and pupils a feel for College life, information on forthcoming events and helpful advice.
- Princethorpe Pupils Present Nearly £6000 To Warwickshire Young CarersPrincethorpe College has presented a cheque to Warwickshire Young Carers for £5883.84, following a year of fundraising by pupils and staff at the school. The charity had been nominated by pupils as House charity for the school year 2016-17.
- Martin Griffin Shares His Mindset Mantras With Princethorpe PupilsOn Monday 18 September the College was delighted to welcome back educational researcher, Martin Griffin, the CEO of Mindset Character Education.
- Oscar's Summer Of Sport Rounded-off Representing EnglandCongratulations go to Princethorpe Sixth Former Oscar Kay who represented England at the 2017 School Games a few weeks ago!
Sep 26 Tue
- European Day of Languages
- 13:05House Languages Competition
- 14:15Rugby Union - Boys-U14B - Lawrence Sheriff (H)
- 16:30Rugby Union - U13A, U15A, U16A - Ashlawn (H)
Sep 27 Wed
- 13:30Girls' Hockey - 1st XI - County Championships (A) depart 12:30
- 14:00Netball - 1st VII, 2nd VII - Kingsley (H)
- 14:15Football - 1st XI - Bilton School (H)
- 14:30Boys' Hockey - 1st XI - King Edward VI, Camp Hill (A) depart 13:15
- 16:15Football - U12A, U13A, U13B - Foremarke Hall (H)
- 16:15Netball - U14A, U15A - Rugby School (A) depart 15:50
- 16:30Rugby Union - U12A, U12B, U14A - Ashlawn (A) depart 15:55
Sep 28 Thu
- 08:30Vocab Express League of Champions
- 09:30-15:00Year 6 Taster Day
- 12:15-13:05Lower Sixth visiting speaker: James Tranter, LIFE - Degrees of Happiness in Relationships
- 12:15-13:05Upper Sixth visiting speaker: Fred Binley, University of Southampton - Interview Skills
- 14:15Rugby Union - U13B, U13C - Lawrence Sheriff (A) depart 13:00
- 16:00-17:30Staff ICT User GroupF75 - Conference room
- 18:00South Coast Tour - Parents’ Information Evening (Th)
- 19:00Russia Trip to St Petersburgh and Moscow - Parents’ Information Evening (Th)
Sep 29 Fri
- Michaelmas, Saint Gabriel and Saint Raphael's Day
- The Flagpole published
- Vocab Express League of Champions
- 13:05-13:35Friday DetentionG10 - MFL
- 14:15Rugby Union - U12B, U12C, U12D - Lawrence Sheriff (H)
- 15:50-16:50Friday After School DetentionF26 - History
- 19:00-21:00Headmaster's Quiz and PTA Social for new parents and pupils
Sep 30 Sat
- Vocab Express League of Champions
- Yom Kippur - Jewish day of Atonement
- 09:00Boys' Hockey - U12A, U12B - Loughborough High (A) depart 07:30
- 09:00Girls' Hockey - U14A - County Championships (Bablake) (A) depart 08:00
- 10:00Girls' Hockey - U13A, U14A - Edgbaston High (H)
- 10:30Rugby Union - 1st XV, 2nd XV, U15A - Bedford Modern (A) depart 08:15
- 10:30Rugby Union - U12A, U12B, U13A, U13B, U14A - Bedford Modern (H)
- 11:00Girls' Hockey - U15A - Edgbaston High (H)
- 13:00Year 7 Residential trip to Pioneer Centre departs