Princethorpe College is a Catholic, co-educational, HMC independent day school for about 850 pupils aged eleven to eighteen and welcomes members of all faiths and backgrounds.
Click on the arrow above to view our video 'A Spirit of Family'.
The College is renowned for the way in which it looks after its pupils and is characterised by its strong Christian ethos, which underpins everything we do.
The school has a unique history, beautiful surroundings and unequalled character. The atmosphere is warm, open and friendly, but the traditional values of courtesy, discipline, organisation and mutual respect are expected from all; pupils are not stuffy but know how to behave.
We pursue academic rigour, want our pupils to be enthusiastic about hard work and to play a full part in the broader aspects of school life, whether in sport, drama, music, charitable fund-raising, community service, the Duke of Edinburgh's Award, or the many other activities which are on offer. We also want them to enjoy their education.
Our aim is simple: to treat every pupil as an individual, supporting them as they grow into mature, confident, resilient and well-rounded young people with a strong set of moral values to guide them through adult life.
- England Hockey Spots A future Star In Becky RedmileTalented Princethorpe College mid field hockey player, Becky Redmile, has been selected onto the Advanced Apprenticeship in Sporting Excellence Programme.
- Musket Firing Musters Up Historical InterestThere’s nothing like the resounding blast of a musket echoing across Princethorpe’s playing fields to muster up a bit of enthusiasm for learning History.
- Starter for Ten – Benet Emerges from Nowhere to Take House University Challenge TitleAny idea who invented the periodic table? Could you identify Beethoven’s portrait? And just who is Taylor Swift?
- Technology Ambassador Jack On The Road To A Career In EngineeringWhat began as a spark has now ignited into a keen desire to study Engineering for Year 11’s Jack Hobbs.
- Broadway Gamble Pays Off - College Production Of Guys And Dolls Is A HitThe fifty strong cast at Princethorpe College invigorated Damon Runyon’s words and Frank Loesser’s lyrics through punchy character acting and brimming effervescence.
Mar 01 Sun
- Saint David's Day
- 10:00Boys' Rugby Sevens - U18 - North of England Festival (A) depart tbc
Mar 02 Mon
- 09:00-10:45Year 11 Elevate Exam Preparation
- 14:30Boys' Hockey - U15A - King Edward's (A) depart 13:10
- 14:30Boys' Hockey - U15B - King Edward's (H)
- 16:00-17:30Tutor Team meeting
- 16:30Girls' Hockey - 1st XI - King Henry VIII (H)
- 16:30Girls' Hockey - 2nd XI - King Henry VIII (A) depart 15:55