The Admissions Process
Children who want to come to Princethorpe now sit an entrance examination in the November before the year of entry, mainly at 11 and at other ages as space allows. A significant number also join us for Sixth Form at age 16.
We welcome children of all faiths and backgrounds, from our own junior schools, Crackley Hall and The Crescent, and many other maintained and independent primary schools from around a radius of about thirty miles.
Competition for places is high, as are standards, but the school also looks for young people who will contribute to the wider life of the school.
Please register for the Entrance Examination as soon as possible to allow us to process the registration and contact primary schools for references. Following receipt of the registration form any candidate with a learning need will have an assessment with a Special Educational Needs professional.
Admissions For September 2019
We are currently taking registrations for the Entrance Examinations for 2019 entry (for Years 7 to 10) which will take place on Saturday 10 November 2018. All candidates must be registered before sitting the entrance examination. Registration, bursary and scholarship application forms must be received by Friday 5 October 2018.
Following the 2019 Entrance Examination, offer letters will be sent out on Thursday 29 November 2017 and the acceptance deadline will be Monday 4 March 2019.
The acceptance deadline for places is, by a nationally agreed code of practice, the same for all independent schools, allowing parents and children time to review all their options, including those from the maintained sector, before making a final decision.
To request a prospectus click here.
Click here to download our Admissions and Entrance Exam Booklet 2019.
Click here to download our Admissions Policy.
Click play to view our video 'A Spirit of Family'.
Click here to link to our Admissions Update e-newsletter.
- Latest Admissions Newsletter Just PublishedThe latest edition of the College's Admissions Update e-newsletter has been issued today.
- Princethorpe Pupils Nail The New 9 GradePrincethorpe College is once again celebrating excellent GCSE results. From a cohort of 154 pupils 43% of all entries were graded the coveted new 9, 8 or 7 grades (A* or A grades) and 39 of its Year 11 pupils achieved eight or more 9, 8, 7 or A* or A grades.
- Seven Year 7 Teaching Groups For SeptemberPrincethorpe will move to seven teaching groups in Year 7 for the first time this September when 143 new pupils join the school.
- Year 10 Get A Taste Of Sixth Form LifeThe Trinity Term has been hectic for Year 10 pupils, filled full of revision and internal examinations as they prepare for Year 11 and the run up to their GCSEs. So on Monday 25 and Tuesday 26 June they all enjoyed the chance to step back from their studies and to think about the future as they sampled life in the Sixth Form and considered the subjects they might choose to study at A-level.
- New Year 7s Enjoy An Action Packed Induction DayWednesday 27 June was an exciting day for the 143 Year 6 pupils who will be joining Princethorpe College in Year 7, in September 2018.
Click on this link to see the Foundation's response to GDPR and to view our Privacy Notices.
Our Registrar, Mrs Vanessa Rooney and her assistants, Miss Helen Morgan and Mrs Catherine Rogers will be pleased to talk you through the admissions process. Please contact them on 01926 634201 or 01926 634262.
" We definitely made the right choice of school and are very grateful that you gave her a place. The main reason we initially fell in love with the school was hearing about the 'ethos' and the pastoral care. At the time I said to others that all schools talk about these things but yours was the only school where I really believed it. My instincts were right!"
“Our son has grown hugely in confidence in all areas: sport, music, academic and social since joining Princethorpe. There are so many opportunities and trips available to him which he is making the most of. It is obvious that all his teachers care very much about him and his development. We feel that the ethos is at the heart of the success of the college and we have recommended Princethorpe to many of our friends.”
"The College is fantastic! It's the best decision we have ever made sending our daughter there."
Sep 21 Fri
- 19:00-21:00Headmaster's Quiz and PTA Social for new parents and Year 7 Social
Sep 22 Sat
Sep 23 Sun
Sep 24 Mon
Sep 25 Tue
Sep 26 Wed
Sep 27 Thu
- 10:30-12:30Open Morning
Sep 28 Fri
Sep 29 Sat
Sep 30 Sun
Oct 01 Mon
- 18:30-19:30Year 6 Parents' Admissions Q&A Session6FCLT
Oct 02 Tue
- 09:30-15:00External Years 6, 7 and 8 Taster Day
- 18:00-20:30PTA Committee MeetingMontargis
Oct 03 Wed
Oct 04 Thu
Oct 05 Fri
- Deadline for Years 7 to 10 Registrations and Bursary Applications 2019 entry
Oct 06 Sat
Oct 07 Sun
Oct 08 Mon
Oct 09 Tue
Oct 10 Wed
Oct 11 Thu
Oct 12 Fri
Oct 13 Sat
Oct 14 Sun
Oct 15 Mon
Oct 16 Tue
Oct 17 Wed
- 18:30-21:00Sixth Form Open Evening
Oct 18 Thu
Oct 19 Fri
- Half Term begins after school today
Oct 20 Sat