The Admissions Process
Children who want to come to Princethorpe now sit an entrance examination in the November before the year of entry, mainly at 11 and at other ages as space allows. A significant number also join us for Sixth Form at age 16.
We welcome children of all faiths and backgrounds, from our own junior schools, Crackley Hall and The Crescent, and many other maintained and independent primary schools from around a radius of about thirty miles.
Competition for places is high, as are standards, but the school also looks for young people who will contribute to the wider life of the school.
Please register for the Entrance Examination as soon as possible to allow us to process the registration and contact primary schools for references. Following receipt of the registration form any candidate with a learning need will have an assessment with a Special Educational Needs professional.
Admissions For September 2020
We are currently taking registrations for the Entrance Examinations for 2020 entry (for Years 7 to 10) which will take place on Saturday 9 November 2019. All candidates must be registered before sitting the entrance examination. Registration, bursary and scholarship application forms must be received by Friday 4 October 2019.
Following the 2019 Entrance Examination, offer letters will be sent out on Thursday 28 November 2019 and the acceptance deadline will be Monday 2 March 2020.
The acceptance deadline for places is, by a nationally agreed code of practice, the same for all independent schools, allowing parents and children time to review all their options, including those from the maintained sector, before making a final decision.
To request a prospectus click here.
Click here to download our Admissions and Entrance Exam Booklet 2019.
Click here to download our Admissions Policy.
Click play to view our video 'Princethorpe College... What's It All About?'.
Click here to link to our Admissions Update e-newsletter.
- Pottertastic Princethorpe Screening Enjoyed By Year 6 Offer HoldersPrincethorpe College wove its wonderful spell on the muggles and wannabe wizards who came to the school's Saturday Morning Cinema showing of Happy Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. The special screening for Year 6 who have been offered places for entry to Year 7 in September took place on Saturday 2 February
- Everything Is Awesome At Princethorpe’s Choral Fun DayNearly 80 young singers from local primary schools enjoyed a super day of singing when they joined Princethorpe's Director of Music, Gil Cowlishaw, Music Teacher, Alison Wakeley, Peripatetic Music Co-ordinator, Felicity Coulson and twenty members of the Princethorpe College Choir for a fantastic Choral Fun Day.
- Bumper Number Of Candidates Sit College Entrance ExaminationsIt was all systems go on Saturday 10 November as Princethorpe welcomed over 300 children to take the Entrance Examinations for September 2019.
- A-Level Inspiration Aplenty At Sixth Form Open EveningOur Sixth Form Open Evening took place on the evening of Wednesday 17 October. It was an ideal opportunity for Year 11 pupils to discover what Princethorpe’s Sixth Form has to offer.
- Latest Admissions Newsletter Just PublishedThe latest edition of the College's Admissions Update e-newsletter has been issued today.
Click on this link to see the Foundation's response to GDPR and to view our Privacy Notices.
Our Registrar, Mrs Vanessa Rooney and her assistants, Miss Helen Morgan and Mrs Catherine Rogers will be pleased to talk you through the admissions process. Please contact them on 01926 634201 or 01926 634262.
" We definitely made the right choice of school and are very grateful that you gave her a place. The main reason we initially fell in love with the school was hearing about the 'ethos' and the pastoral care. At the time I said to others that all schools talk about these things but yours was the only school where I really believed it. My instincts were right!"
“Our son has grown hugely in confidence in all areas: sport, music, academic and social since joining Princethorpe. There are so many opportunities and trips available to him which he is making the most of. It is obvious that all his teachers care very much about him and his development. We feel that the ethos is at the heart of the success of the college and we have recommended Princethorpe to many of our friends.”
"The College is fantastic! It's the best decision we have ever made sending our daughter there."
Feb 18 Mon
Feb 19 Tue
Feb 20 Wed
Feb 21 Thu
Feb 22 Fri
Feb 23 Sat
Feb 24 Sun
Feb 25 Mon
- Lent Term resumes
Feb 26 Tue
Feb 27 Wed
Feb 28 Thu
Mar 01 Fri
Mar 02 Sat
Mar 03 Sun
Mar 04 Mon
- Deadline for acceptance of Years 7, 8, 9 and 10 places for 2019
Mar 05 Tue
- 18:00-20:30PTA Committee MeetingMontargis
Mar 06 Wed
Mar 07 Thu
Mar 08 Fri
- 12:00-15:30Sixth Form Sports Scholarship Assessment Day
- 19:30-22:00House Quiz Night - Parents' EditionSixth Form CentreProvisionally Booked for PTA - needs to be approved
Mar 09 Sat
Mar 10 Sun
Mar 11 Mon
- Sixth Form Music and Organ Scholarship auditions all week
Mar 12 Tue
- Sixth Form Academic Scholarship Day
Mar 13 Wed
- Sixth Form Art Scholarship Day
Mar 14 Thu
Mar 15 Fri
Mar 16 Sat
Mar 17 Sun
Mar 18 Mon
Mar 19 Tue