The Admissions Process
Children who want to come to Princethorpe now sit an entrance examination in the November before the year of entry, mainly at 11 and at other ages as space allows. A significant number also join us for Sixth Form at age 16.
We welcome children of all faiths and backgrounds, from our own junior schools, Crackley Hall and The Crescent, and many other maintained and independent primary schools from around a radius of about thirty miles.
Competition for places is high, as are standards, but the school also looks for young people who will contribute to the wider life of the school.
Please register for the Entrance Examination as soon as possible to allow us to process the registration and contact primary schools for references. Following receipt of the registration form any candidate with a learning need will have an assessment with a Special Educational Needs professional.
Admissions For September 2019
We are currently taking registrations for the Entrance Examinations for 2019 entry (for Years 7 to 10) which will take place on Saturday 10 November 2018. All candidates must be registered before sitting the entrance examination. Registration, bursary and scholarship application forms must be received by Friday 5 October 2018.
Following the 2019 Entrance Examination, offer letters will be sent out on Thursday 29 November 2017 and the acceptance deadline will be Monday 4 March 2019.
The acceptance deadline for places is, by a nationally agreed code of practice, the same for all independent schools, allowing parents and children time to review all their options, including those from the maintained sector, before making a final decision.
To request a prospectus click here.
Click here to download our Admissions and Entrance Exam Booklet 2019.
Click here to download our Admissions Policy.
Click play to view our video 'Princethorpe College... What's It All About?'.
Click here to link to our Admissions Update e-newsletter.
- A-Level Inspiration Aplenty At Sixth Form Open EveningOur Sixth Form Open Evening took place on the evening of Wednesday 17 October. It was an ideal opportunity for Year 11 pupils to discover what Princethorpe’s Sixth Form has to offer.
- Latest Admissions Newsletter Just PublishedThe latest edition of the College's Admissions Update e-newsletter has been issued today.
- Princethorpe Pupils Nail The New 9 GradePrincethorpe College is once again celebrating excellent GCSE results. From a cohort of 154 pupils 43% of all entries were graded the coveted new 9, 8 or 7 grades (A* or A grades) and 39 of its Year 11 pupils achieved eight or more 9, 8, 7 or A* or A grades.
- Seven Year 7 Teaching Groups For SeptemberPrincethorpe will move to seven teaching groups in Year 7 for the first time this September when 143 new pupils join the school.
- Year 10 Get A Taste Of Sixth Form LifeThe Trinity Term has been hectic for Year 10 pupils, filled full of revision and internal examinations as they prepare for Year 11 and the run up to their GCSEs. So on Monday 25 and Tuesday 26 June they all enjoyed the chance to step back from their studies and to think about the future as they sampled life in the Sixth Form and considered the subjects they might choose to study at A-level.
Click on this link to see the Foundation's response to GDPR and to view our Privacy Notices.
Our Registrar, Mrs Vanessa Rooney and her assistants, Miss Helen Morgan and Mrs Catherine Rogers will be pleased to talk you through the admissions process. Please contact them on 01926 634201 or 01926 634262.
" We definitely made the right choice of school and are very grateful that you gave her a place. The main reason we initially fell in love with the school was hearing about the 'ethos' and the pastoral care. At the time I said to others that all schools talk about these things but yours was the only school where I really believed it. My instincts were right!"
“Our son has grown hugely in confidence in all areas: sport, music, academic and social since joining Princethorpe. There are so many opportunities and trips available to him which he is making the most of. It is obvious that all his teachers care very much about him and his development. We feel that the ethos is at the heart of the success of the college and we have recommended Princethorpe to many of our friends.”
"The College is fantastic! It's the best decision we have ever made sending our daughter there."
Nov 17 Sat
- 09:00-17:00Scholarship interviews with the Headmaster
Nov 18 Sun
Nov 19 Mon
- Scholarship interviews all week
Nov 20 Tue
Nov 21 Wed
Nov 22 Thu
Nov 23 Fri
Nov 24 Sat
Nov 25 Sun
Nov 26 Mon
Nov 27 Tue
Nov 28 Wed
Nov 29 Thu
- 16:00Entrance Examination results posted
Nov 30 Fri
Dec 01 Sat
Dec 02 Sun
- 14:00-16:30PTA Christmas Fayre
Dec 03 Mon
Dec 04 Tue
Dec 05 Wed
Dec 06 Thu
Dec 07 Fri
Dec 08 Sat
Dec 09 Sun
Dec 10 Mon
Dec 11 Tue
- 09:00-17:00Sixth Form Taster Day
Dec 12 Wed
Dec 13 Thu
Dec 14 Fri
Dec 15 Sat
Dec 16 Sun