The Princethorpe Foundation
The Princethorpe Foundation welcomes children of all faiths and backgrounds and provides co-educational, independent day schooling in Warwickshire.
Princethorpe College and Crackley Hall in Kenilworth, are the only Catholic independent senior and junior school in the county. A recent addition to the Foundation is The Crescent School in Bilton, Rugby, which joined the Foundation in September 2016. Across the three schools we cater for girls and boys aged from 2 - 18. Our schools are characterised by their strong Christian ethos and pride themselves on providing a caring, stimulating environment in which children’s individual needs can be met and their talents, confidence and self-esteem developed. We aim to encourage a lifelong love of learning and an understanding of moral values, and to put young people on the road to happy and fulfilled lives.
The Princethorpe Foundation is a company limited by guarantee and a registered charity. The directors of the company are the Trustees, who have overall responsibility for the Foundation and are guardians of the Foundation's ethos.
The Governing Body is responsible for the overall management and strategic direction of the Foundation including setting the aims of the schools and working to improve standards, maintaining the Christian ethos of the Foundation, deciding on the use of its budget, choosing senior staff, looking after the site and buildings, developing a framework of policies within which it functions, dealing with personnel issues and settling disputes.
The Company Registration number is 4177718 and the Charity Registration number is 1087124.
Day to day management of the Foundation is delegated to the following executives:
- Senior Head of the Foundation and Head of Princethorpe College - Ed Hester
- Head of Crackley Hall and Little Crackers - Robert Duigan
- Head of Crescent School – Joe Thackway
- Foundation Bursar - Eddie Tolcher
These four executives attend all Trustees' meetings and certain other sub-committee meetings.
Click here to visit the Charity Commission's website and view historic accounts information on the Foundation.
You can contact the Trustees via:
Mr Eddie Tolcher
Foundation Bursar, Company Secretary and Clerk to the Trustees
Telephone: 01926 634200
Facsimile: 01926 633365
Chair of Trustees
Foundation Bursar, Company Secretary and Clerk to the Trustees - Eddie Tolcher BA, ACIB, MCMI TechIOSH *
* Old Princethorpian
- Foundation News: ISI Inspection Finds Excellent Pupil Achievement And Personal Development At Crack…Crackley Hall School in Kenilworth has received the highest possible ratings across all criteria from the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) following an inspection in October 2017.
- Foundation News: Liz Griffin Takes On Foundation Chair of Trustees RoleTrustee Liz Griffin is set to take over the role of Foundation Chair of Trustees from Mary O'Farrell who stands down at the end of the summer, having completed her tenure as Chair.
- Foundation News: Crescent School Moves To Two Year 4 Classes For September 2017Following a recent public consultation, the Crescent School on Bawnmore Road, Bilton has confirmed its decision to increase to two Year 4 classes from September 2017.
- Foundation News: Crescent School Consults Public Over Additional Year 4 Or 5 Places For SeptemberThe Crescent School on Bawnmore Road, Bilton is undertaking a public consultation to gauge interest in additional places in Year 4 or 5 at the school for next academic year.
- Launch Dinner Starts Making A Difference CampaignOn Friday 3 March the Development Office held a dinner to launch the 'Making a Difference at Princethorpe' campaign. The 50 + 10 Bursary Fund aims to provide at least ten full bursary places to deserving pupils whose families who could otherwise not afford the fees.
- Foundation Swimmers Scoop Seventeen Medals And New Record At National Olympic Park ChampionshipsThe Princethorpe Foundation Swimming Team triumphed once more at the Independent Schools’ Association’s (ISA) National Swimming Championships held at the London Aquatics Centre, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- Foundation News: New Crescent School Head AppointedThe Princethorpe Foundation is delighted to announce the appointment of Joe Thackway as Crescent School Headmaster with effect from September 2017.
- Foundation News - Crescent School Head To Retire After 14 YearsCrescent School Headmaster, Huw Marshall has announced his intention to retire at the end of the current academic year. Mr Marshall has held the post of Headteacher at the Rugby independent school for 4 – 11 year olds since 2002.
- The Princethorpe Foundation And Crescent School To MergeThe Princethorpe Foundation and Crescent School have taken the decision to merge with effect from September 2016. The Crescent will retain its own identity but will become a Princethorpe Foundation school.