The Princethorpe Foundation
The Princethorpe Foundation welcomes children of all faiths and backgrounds and provides co-educational, independent day schooling in Warwickshire.
Princethorpe College and Crackley Hall in Kenilworth, are the only Catholic independent senior and junior school in the county. A recent addition to the Foundation is The Crescent School in Bilton, Rugby, which joined the Foundation in September 2016. Across the three schools we cater for girls and boys aged from 2 - 18. Our schools are characterised by their strong Christian ethos and pride themselves on providing a caring, stimulating environment in which children’s individual needs can be met and their talents, confidence and self-esteem developed. We aim to encourage a lifelong love of learning and an understanding of moral values, and to put young people on the road to happy and fulfilled lives.
The Princethorpe Foundation is a company limited by guarantee and a registered charity. The directors of the company are the Trustees, who have overall responsibility for the Foundation and are guardians of the Foundation's ethos.
The Governing Body is responsible for the overall management and strategic direction of the Foundation including setting the aims of the schools and working to improve standards, maintaining the Christian ethos of the Foundation, deciding on the use of its budget, choosing senior staff, looking after the site and buildings, developing a framework of policies within which it functions, dealing with personnel issues and settling disputes.
The Company Registration number is 4177718 and the Charity Registration number is 1087124.
Day to day management of the Foundation is delegated to the following executives:
- Senior Head of the Foundation and Head of Princethorpe College - Ed Hester
- Head of Crackley Hall and Little Crackers - Robert Duigan
- Head of Crescent School – Joe Thackway
- Foundation Bursar - Eddie Tolcher
These four executives attend all Trustees' meetings and certain other sub-committee meetings.
Click here to visit the Charity Commission's website and view historic accounts information on the Foundation.
Click here to see the Foundation's Gender Pay Gap Report - April 2017
You can contact the Trustees via:
Mr Eddie Tolcher
Foundation Bursar, Company Secretary and Clerk to the Trustees
Telephone: 01926 634200
Facsimile: 01926 633365
- Science At The Forefront Of Princethorpe’s Vision For The FuturePrincethorpe is putting Science at the forefront of its vision for the future, with the announcement of plans for a new state-of-the-art Science building.09/07/2018
- The Pinnacle - Issue 24 - Be Inspired!The latest issue of The Pinnacle, out in time for the end of term, showcases yet more of our pupils' excellent work.06/07/2018
- New Senior Appointments Boost Foundation Leadership TeamThe Princethorpe Foundation is delighted to announce that two new senior members of staff will be joining its Leadership Team in September.08/06/2018
- Caroline McGrory – Board Of TrusteesMrs Caroline McGrory was appointed to the Foundation’s Board of Trustees at the beginning of December 2017.01/06/2018
- Foundation Welcomes Two New TrusteesThe Princethorpe Foundation is pleased to announce that it has appointed two new trustees. Elizabeth Kenward and Mike Fletcher have joined the Governing Body and will work with fellow Trustees to oversee the overall management and strategic direction of the Foundation.21/05/2018
Chair of Trustees
Foundation Bursar, Company Secretary and Clerk to the Trustees - Eddie Tolcher BA, ACIB, MCMI TechIOSH *
* Old Princethorpian