Why Princethorpe Needs Your Support
Princethorpe is not a wealthy school. Whilst the fee income is sufficient to cover core costs and some capital expenditure, it does not allow us to increase the number of places for deserving pupils from families who could otherwise not afford the fees, nor is it sufficient to wholly fund major new initiatives.
How You Can Help
There are many ways to support the Foundation and its pupils and we value your help in any way.
Giving Your Time
We encourage former pupils, parents and friends of Princethorpe to offer help and assistance to our pupils in the form of careers advice and work experience. Many have helped with interview practice and given of their time and knowledge at our Careers Fair, held every other year in the Spring. Some have been able to offer time to help us build our networks and expand our database, whilst others belong to an invaluable focus group, which brings ideas, suggestions and feedback to the Development table.
Giving a Gift
There are many ways to give financial support to the Foundation. We have a new Bursary Fund and a Legacy Society, however, very soon there will also be opportunities to support our new and innovative science building.
Please follow the links below to learn more about our 50 + 10 Bursary Fund, Regular Giving and The Chevalier Society - our legacy fund.
If you feel you are able to help in any way, or would like a confidential discussion about how you can help the Foundation, please visit the How to Support Us page.
To contact the Development Office call 01926 634265 or email
- Festive Thank YouThe Development Office were delighted to host Trustees, former and current parents, staff and friends of the college in the Sixth Form dining room for a festive cheese and wine reception.
- Engineering Professors Return To Princethorpe To Help DT Pupils Build Three 3D PrintersNearly fifty years on from when they boarded at the College, Professors Paul and Peter Cheung returned to Princethorpe last weekend to take 11 lucky GCSE Design Technology pupils on an amazing hands-on journey into the technological advanced world of 3D printing.
- Hong Kong Update - Chairman For OPs Hong Kong and Asia Chapter AppointedFollowing the successful trip to visit the Old Princethorpians in Hong Kong at Easter last year we are delighted to announce that Alan Young (1978 - 1981), has kindly agreed to become the Old Princethorpians Chairman For the Hong Kong and Asia Chapter of the Association.
- St Mary’s Priory Reunion For Very Special Old Princethorpians (VSOPs)On Saturday 22 September we were delighted to welcome to the College some ‘old girls’ from St Mary’s Priory, known to us as ‘Very Special Old Princethorpians (VSOPs).
- Hong Kong Development Visit Abounds With Memories, Hospitality and FriendshipDuring the Easter holidays a contingent from Princethorpe, comprising Headmaster, Ed Hester, his wife, Tracey, Fr Teddy O’Brien MSC, Development Director, Rachel Hadley-Leonard and Old Princethorpians’ Secretary, Melanie Butler journeyed to Hong Kong to meet with past pupils who had boarded at the College from the late 1960s to the 1990s.