Terms & Conditions
The content of our web site is intended only to provide general information, in good faith, for your own use about schools in The Princethorpe Foundation and does not constitute a contract. You are welcome to use this website for personal reasons and download or print pages, again for personal use. The web site should not be used as a substitute for obtaining professional advice, if appropriate, or otherwise relied upon. Your use of the web site is at your own risk.
You may not use materials from The Princethorpe Foundation web site in any way for any public or commercial purpose. Furthermore, you may not use or display The Princethorpe Foundation’s materials on any other web site or in a networked computer environment for any purpose, without first obtaining written permission.
Neither The Princethorpe Foundation nor its suppliers provide warranties or guarantees as to the availability, accuracy, completeness, reliability or truthfulness of the content this web site. We expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law. We reserve the right to alter the format or content of this web site at any time, or to change the contents of this notice.
For your convenience and to provide further information, our web site includes many links to other sites, only to provide you with further information and without endorsement of any particular products or services. We have no responsibility for the content of linked sites.
Our web site contains material such as photographs, images, icons, illustrations, texts, video footage, written and other items which are either owned by or licensed to The Princethorpe Foundation. This includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
Any copying or unauthorised use of the design or contents other than as expressly permitted in this notice will infringe the rights of The Princethorpe Foundation and may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs and preferences by gathering and remembering information about your likes and dislikes.
We use third-party cookies to collect information for analytics purposes and to improve your experience of the site. This information is collected anonymously and may be stored off-site. If you do not consent to the use of these cookies, you will need to disable them in your browser.
We may use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our web site in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better web site by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie cannot give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but it is usually possible to modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the web site.
The Princethorpe Foundation is registered with the Information Commissioner under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998. The Princethorpe Foundation will ensure that:
- personal data is only used for the legitimate interests of the schools and does not unduly prejudice the rights and freedoms of the individual in question;
- personal data will be processed fairly and lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998;
- we will not process sensitive personal data without prior consent from the individual;
- a hard copy of all data held on an individual will be made available following the receipt of a written request from the data subject, subject to exemptions;
- information processed is accurate, relevant, current, up-to-date and not excessive;
- personal data will be kept only for so long as is necessary for the specified purposes.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We do not collect personal identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information to us.
“We” means The Princethorpe Foundation, including Princethorpe College, Crackley Hall School, Little Crackers Nursery, The Crescent School, Old Princethorpians’ Association and the Princethorpe Endowment Fund Limited, whose registered office is at Princethorpe College, Princethorpe Rugby CV23 9PX,
This statement sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, through our websites, will be processed by us.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the Foundation and the schools are the same Data Controller. Further details of the personal data the Foundation holds, and how it is used, can be found on the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) website by clicking here. Further information about data protection is also available from the ICO.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our site;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- browser actions and patterns of our users’. This is does not identify any individual, but helps us in improving our understanding of our users and their preferences. It also helps us to develop our website and make it more useful to visitors;
- we may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing and does not identify any individual.
We use the data held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the best way for you and displays effectively your computer;
- to provide you with services or information, which you request from us or which we feel may interest you, but only where you have agreed to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out any obligations which arise from contracts entered into between you and us;
- to notify you about any changes or updates to our services
- if you use our site to request information, then we will normally store your contact details on a database, to allow us to send you other related information in the future and we do not sell, trade or offer this information to others.
Data security and where we store your data
The data is held on servers which are usually on our sites and in any case within the EEA. We have procedures and security features in place to try and keep your data secure once we receive it. Transmitting information over the internet is generally not completely secure and we are unable to guarantee the security, during transmission, of the data you transmit to us.
You are responsible for any use of and for protecting the confidentiality of usernames and passwords which may be given to you or selected by you for use on our website.
We will not share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we do not pass on your details to other websites. We may share information within the Foundation, but only in a way that complies with the Data Protection Act 1998. For example, if you request a prospectus about another school in the Foundation through our website, we will forward your request to that school. We may pass on your personal information if we have a legal obligation to do so.
Changing our channels of communication with you or the type of communication which you receive from us.
Limitation of Liability
The Princethorpe Foundation shall not be liable under any circumstances whatsoever for any loss arising from the use of information available from this web site whether direct or indirect including, without limitation, any liability relating to any loss of use, interruption of business, lost profits or lost data, or consequential damages of any kind.
The Princethorpe Foundation takes its responsibilities for safeguarding children very seriously and child protection procedures are in place concerning staff recruitment and retention. Click here to access our child protection policy.
Your use of this web site, and any dispute arising out of such use, is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
If you have comments on any aspects of this web site please contact the webmaster.
The Princethorpe Foundation is a charitable company registered in England and Wales and limited by guarantee. Registered office: Princethorpe College, Princethorpe, Rugby CV23 9PX.
Registered Company Number: 4177718 . Registered Charity Number: 1087124
Copyright © The Princethorpe Foundation 2017. All rights reserved.