Daily life at Princethorpe is immensely rich and varied, as well as a stimulating and well resourced curriculum, one glance at our termly calendar shows the wealth of activities on offer during the school day, at lunchtime and after school.
Pupils are spoilt for choice with a wide range of extra-curricular interests catered for, from team sports and music and the arts, to Duke of Edinburgh, debating and charitable activities.
The school is open from 7.30am each school day, with breakfast available in the Sixth Form Centre for early birds - pupils, staff and parents. Free Wi-Fi access, daily newspapers and breakfast TV make for a civilised start to the day.
There are six, 50-minute periods every day and all pupils have one afternoon of games a week. Extended day continues after school until 6.00pm for those doing supervised study or taking part in sporting and extra-curricular activities.
Click here to download the school calendar.
Click here for Term Dates.
|The School Day|
|8.40am to 9.35am||Period 1 and Registration|
|9.40am to 10.30am||Period 2|
|10.35am to 10.55am||Tutor Time or Assembly|
|10.55am to 11.15am||Break|
|11.20am to 12.10pm||Period 3|
|12.15pm to 1.05pm||Period 4|
|1.05pm to 1.55pm||Lunch|
|2.00pm to 2.50pm||Period 5 and Registration|
|2.55pm to 3.45pm||Period 6|
|4.15pm to 6.00pm||Extended day and co-curricular activities|
Mrs Melanie Butler
Assistant Head (Marketing, Admissions and Communication), Old Princethorpians Secretary
Sep 26 Tue
- European Day of Languages
- 13:05House Languages Competition
- 14:15Rugby Union - Boys-U14B - Lawrence Sheriff (H)
- 16:30Rugby Union - U13A, U15A, U16A - Ashlawn (H)
Sep 27 Wed
- 13:30Girls' Hockey - 1st XI - County Championships (A) depart 12:30
- 14:00Netball - 1st VII, 2nd VII - Kingsley (H)
- 14:15Football - 1st XI - Bilton School (H)
- 14:30Boys' Hockey - 1st XI - King Edward VI, Camp Hill (A) depart 13:15
- 16:15Football - U12A, U13A, U13B - Foremarke Hall (H)
- 16:15Netball - U14A, U15A - Rugby School (A) depart 15:50
- 16:30Rugby Union - U12A, U12B, U14A - Ashlawn (A) depart 15:55
Sep 28 Thu
- 08:30Vocab Express League of Champions
- 09:30-15:00Year 6 Taster Day
- 12:15-13:05Lower Sixth visiting speaker: James Tranter, LIFE - Degrees of Happiness in Relationships
- 12:15-13:05Upper Sixth visiting speaker: Fred Binley, University of Southampton - Interview Skills
- 14:15Rugby Union - U13B, U13C - Lawrence Sheriff (A) depart 13:00
- 16:00-17:30Staff ICT User GroupF75 - Conference room
- 18:00South Coast Tour - Parents’ Information Evening (Th)
- 19:00Russia Trip to St Petersburgh and Moscow - Parents’ Information Evening (Th)